In July 2017, the research works were carried out as a part of the project“Development of Pilot Scheme for Monitoring Implementation of the Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions”
25.07.2017 –the working meeting was held at the Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection
Topics of the meeting:
• Problem of naming (the different types of terminology used in the documents describing the state activities (in the strategies of various agencies, action plans, budgets, statistical databases, etc.), absence of coding) is one of the hindering factors for creating a unified and hard database.
• Ways to overcome the problem – before the official recognition and implementation of the UNESCO culture development indicators system and terminology, to achieve an agreement on the terms for the monitoring of the 2005 Paris Convention implementation between the Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection and the Coalition “Diverse Georgia” (which will contribute to the creation of the basic unified data).
The representatives of the Culture and Monument Protection Ministry participated in the meeting:
• Tamar Tsulukidze – the 2ndrank Head of the Secondary Structural Unit of the Strategic Planning and Monitoring Division of the International Relations Department/Head of Division
• Shorena Tsitsagi – the 3rd rank senior specialist of the first categoryof the Strategic Planning and Monitoring Division of the International Relations Department
• Elina Gedenidze – the 3rd rank senior specialist of the second category of the Strategic Planning and Monitoring Division of the Department of International Relations
• Sophio Chantadze – the 2nd rank Deputy Head of the Primary Structural Unit of the Legal Department/Deputy Director of the Department
• Mary Shaverdashvili – the 3rd rank senior specialist of the first category of the Consolidated Budget Formation and Financial Analysis Division of the Financial Resources Management Department
• EleneToidze – the Head of Creative Industries Development Division of LEPL Creative Georgia
The representatives of the Coalition “Diverse Georgia” participated in the meeting:
• Nino Gunia-Kuznetsova – Valerian Gunia Union of Young Theatre Artists
• Kakha Daushvili – Association of Young Economists
• Tamar Janashia – Culture and Management Laboratory