The newsletter is sent to correspondents, friends, colleagues, project participants and beneficiaries of the Diversified Georgia
On March2, 2017, the first working meeting within the Project of Development of “Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions” Implementation Monitoring Pilot Scheme was held in Tbilisi.
The working meetings topics:
• Methodology – ranking primary documents (the Convention, UNESCO methodological documents, study Georgiandocuments)
• Work Plan – Terms and interim reports
• Job descriptions for the working group, as well as for participants from the regions
The meeting was attended by representatives of the Tbilisi and regional working groups, culture and art experts.
Project presentation was made by Nino Gunia-Kuznetsova.
The methodology of searching the information base for the Convention implementationmonitoring was discussed, in particular, the issues of development of questionnaires, in-depth interviews and desk research.
The items on the agenda included the scope of coverageof the research was as well as the government’s attitude and existing problems.
The discussion involved all the participants.
On March7, 2017,the meeting of the Tbilisi working group was held.
• Agreement with the methodology donor and the scheme of regular reporting to the donor;
• A work scheduleof acquainting the group regional representatives with the methodology;
• The principle of selection of study documents;
• The design of the monitoring final document.
• Internal work plan
• The donor reporting dates
Comments and recommendationswere expressed, in particular, on the unequal access to the documents covering the governmental, non-governmental and private sector activities in terms of the protection of the diversity of cultural expressions, in Tbilisi and regions.
The discussionwas held on the applicable state regulations, support programs, activitiesplanning and implementation as well as existing and possible forms of theirmonitoring.
As a result of the discussion,the most problematic – the media and gender issues of the Convention implementation,were identified. The civic awareness and activism/involvement gaps were also referred to.
The issue on the effectiveness of the interministerial cooperation was raised and the discussion on the ways of monitoring scheme development was discussed.